Crafts and Beyond

Live ,laugh,love

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow challenge --Vellum



Over at Sugar Creek Hollow this week the challenge is to use Vellum. Here's a card that I did using Vellum for the music sheet. I stamped the Christmas Carol with Archival ink on vellum and dried with heat tool ( have to be careful that the vellum doesn't burn ) I then tore around the edge and inked with DI vintage photo. The image is from the LaBlanche Christmas collection which I stamped with Memento ink on the LaBlanche speciality paper ,BG was sponged with DI's and image colored with the cut and dry nibs and DI. Liquid applique was used to create the snow on the branches.
This was my first time using the LaBlanche special cardstock and I just love how easy it is to blend inks . I certainly will be using it again .
Thanks for looking


Sugar Creek Hollow --Vellum http://sugarcreekhollow.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-10-31T10%3A10%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=2

Really Reasonable Ribbon Rambling http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/2011/11/challenge-35-christmas-theme.html

6 comments:

Cec said...

Wonderful use of vellum and heating it helps make it look so vintage. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

marsha said...

What a gorgeous vellum Christmas card! I love the inks you used, the liquid applique and the vintage look you created. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sugar Creek Hollow challenge.
Hugs,
Marsha
SCH-DT

Fliss said...

Really lovely card Marilyn and love the music score stamped on the vellum. Great use of this. The snow on the tree looks great too.
Fliss x

Sharon said...

Marilyn: your vellum really looks like vintage sheet music. Came out great! You coloured the stamped image nicely too.
I'm glad you are liking the LaBlanche paper. I've ordered some more myself 'cuz I like it so much.
Sharon

Patti P. said...

Marilyn, this is simply gorgeous!! I love the way your sheet music curls and flutters behind that beautiful image. I have a couple of LaBlanche stamps, but not any Christmas ones. Need to check out the paper, tfs and thanks for playing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

Lynn Stevens said...

What a lovely Christmas card!

Thank you for entering my giveaway I put you down for the bonus as well.
Best of luck!
Lynn