Crafts and Beyond

Live ,laugh,love

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Merry Christmas by Stampsmith

I picked up this stamp at the Cutting Garden last year and didn't get a chance to use it . Today I pulled it out and created this card with it . I love working with the Stampsmith photo stamps .  got all my tips for a great stamper Kim Prince many years ago . The image was stamped with Ancient Page Archival ink on glossy cardstock . The trick is to let the stamp sit and relax before removing it this gives the ink time to adhere to the glossy c/s. I then trimmed and framed it with TH's ornamental frame . I ran the background paper through TH snowflake embossing folder and then sanded lightly to highlight the snowflakes a bit. Memory Box Frostyville border was used for the bottom of the card.


Dies R Us- #14 Christmas AG
Crafting by Design Nov. AG
Love to Create
A Crafty Mess


Enjoy and thanks for stopping by .

9 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW what a beautiful, vintage holiday card! Well done! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Shona said...

That's so cool! I've never tried anything like that and I love the beautiful vintage look you've achieved on your card.
Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I'm missing my JR friends!
We need to let them know we want the challenges back!!

Intruderlady said...

Love the vintage feel of your card.
Thanks for joining our Make it for Christmas Challenge at Love to Create. Good luck!

Kitty
LTC DT

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh Marilyn, this is so elegant! I can't believe how crisply that photo stamp came out :)

Kim said...

Marilyn, your card is just so beautiful!!! She is one of my favorite stamps from The Stampsmith! Love everything about this card and all the others you have been posting! You have finally inspired me to get back into my stamping room! Thank you, I needed that!! I hope you are doing well!
Hugs,
Kim

Unknown said...

Lovely vintage card! Thank you for joining our "Make it for Christmas" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Tracy said...

Wow, I would have never known that the image was stamped. It's really beautiful and your card has a lovely vintage Christmas feel. :-)

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Beautiful card, Marilyn. I love the colors and textures. It has such an elegant Victorian look...it is quite stunning.

Marg said...

A lovely vintage look & feel card.
Good Luck and Thank you for joining us for our first ever blog challenge,
hope to see you again next month or soon
{{{happy crafting hugs}}}
Marg, DT member of A Crafty Mess (http://a-crafty-mess.blogspot.co.uk/)
http://craftycardsbymarg.blogspot.co.uk