Crafts and Beyond

Live ,laugh,love

Friday, May 8, 2015

Enjoy the simple things

Thought I'd share a card I made recently playing around with paints and inks . It was such a dull day when I was making it I went some cheerful colors . Pattern paper is from Bo Bunny Madeline collection some I had left over from a previous project . The flowers were made using TH tattered flowers and the leaves from my new favorite die by Prima Marketing . The frame was embossed twice with TH ornamental frame embossing folder and fussy cut out  and layered then painted with Spun sugar distress paint and sponged around the edge with Victorian lace DI.  The flowers were sponged with Squeezed lemon DI and the leaves with Shabby shutters DI. I added some white acrylic paint to the tips of the flower. Stamp is from Just Rite stamps . Lace is TH vintage lace die and the corners are CLD




I'm entering this in :

CLD challenge 183 Lots of Layers

Bloggers challenge --May flowers

Our Creative Corner -April showers bring May flowers



Thanks for stopping by ,I hope everyone is enjoying this cool but sunny spring day

11 comments:

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Marilyn!! Beautiful die cut frame and corners, so fancy! Your flowers look amazing and I am loving your cheery spring palette!! Fabulous!! hugs :)

shulsart said...

Lovely Spring colors, Marilyn, sure to bring a smile to someone's face. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Eva said...

WOW...this is so gorgeous in so many ways! I love the colors you used, your design and the flowers! Thank you for participating in our Cheery Lynn Designs challenge this week!

Corina said...

Great colour choice and card design! The flowers you have created are wonderful. Thank you for joining in on the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Oh Marilyn! This is so pretty! Love the colors and the beautiful flowers you made!!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love your colors and the flowers so spring and fresh looking hello from california
bibiana
TBT challenge

Shona said...

OOOOOHH! This is lovely! The colours are beautiful.

Unknown said...

Hi Marilyn! Such a lovely card---I just love yellow and all of these yellow tattered florals are gorgeous!! :) Thank you so much for joining in my April Showers Bring May Flowers challenge at Our Creative Corner this month :) XOXO-Shari

Sharon said...

Hi Marilyn: Just stopping by your blog after returning from vacation. Wow, have you been busy! Really, really like the flowers you created on this card and also on the previous post. They are so delicate. The ornate frame is beautiful -you certainly have patience to fussy cut it! Nice Tim's Tag too!

Hugs,Sharon

Inkypinkycraft said...

a beautiful project , love the gorgeous flowers x

weim house said...

Love your flowers! What kind of paper do you use?
I was hoping to die cut some flowers last night but came on the computer and got side tracked!
I painted a shingle yesterday and want to make one with the roses! I was going to die cut water color paper and coffee filters!
Thanks for sharing and inspiring! Have a great day!