Crafts and Beyond

Live ,laugh,love

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine Tim's style GM#36


This is my first entry for Grungy Monday over at StudioL3 for quite some time. Although I did have good intention each week but just never seemed to get the time to post . This week Linda is asking that we make a valentine Tim's style to celebrate Valentines Day . I decided to make a tag for the challenge . Since Tim is starting his new Tags for 2012 this month with a Valentine I though I'd follow his tech. I stamped my background with snow cap acrylic paint dabber using a variety of stamps ,dried with my heat tool and then sponged with DI worn lipstick and festive berries. I like how this color combo turned out . I then wiped over the tag with a damp towel it's amazing how this shows up the white BG images . My heart was made with the honeycomb paper by Inky Antics which I had won in a blog hop so time ago . Tim shows some cool ideas on his blog on using this honeycomb paper. The cupid was stamped on red c/s embossed with clear EP and fussy cut out . I attached a heart border down the right side using the MS heart border punch.Finished off my tag with some pearls, ribbon and key .

Also entering this in a few other challenges .
Grungy Monday #36 http://www.studiol3.blogspot.com/2012/02/grungy-monday-36-who-loves-ya-baby.html

SCH: Masculine Valentine http://www.sugarcreekhollow.blogspot.com/2012/02/masculine-valentine.html

Tim's 12 tags of 2012 http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/02/12-tags-of-2012-a-new-direction.html

Inspiration Emporium--Put a Heart on it http://blog.inspirationemporium.com/?p=770

Simon Says Stamp and Show --Anything Goes http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/2012/02/simon-says-stamp-and-show-anything-goes.html

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Marilyn; the technique came out great! I also like your little honeycomb heart.
Sharon

Debbie said...

Awesome Valentine Marilyn! I too love that honeycomb heart!

Debbie
^..^

El rincon de vanessa said...

Hi from the Spain.

Te a quedado muy bonito, me a encantado!!!

Candy C said...

Hi Marilyn! Your Tim-ish tag looks fantastic! I love your background and the background you did behind your dimensional heart! Your cupid looks really good, too!!! Well done!!! Thanks for sharing your tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! <3 Candy

Yvonne said...

Great take on Tim's tag. I think his monthly tags are a great idea. Gives me more time so I might actually give them a try.

Kristen said...

great take on the tag, i'm dying for that honeycomb paper!

Visiting from Tim's 2012 Tags
Kristina
www.pearlgateway.com

Jolanda said...

love your tag with cupid!

Thanks for your kind comments on my card - I'm sorry but I was too lazy to write that I have a software which I design with and then cut using the cricut - unfortunately this software is no longer available for the cricut and only for the other machines.
I think it would be great if provocraft made a steampunk style cartridge - it would be very popular I think.
Jolanda x