Crafts and Beyond

Live ,laugh,love

Thursday, March 15, 2012

SSS & Show --Anything Goes



This is a card I made today for someone on their special day. I had recently done a card class using alcohol inks and had a few pieces left over which I just couldn't throw away .The colors reminded me of an evening sky and felt it suited the image I used so nicely . I colored the flowers with Towbow markers and added Viva pearls to the centers.
Supplies :
Stamp : Hero Arts, HFC sentiment
Paper : Basic Grey,Bazzil C/S
Ink: Alcohol inks(eggplant,shell pink,pearl mixative)Archival Jet Black.
Accessories: Spellbinders Beaded Circles, Marvy corner punch, Spellbinders label4,MS border punch, flowers from my stash,Towbow markers, Pearls from my stash, Viva pearl pen.

I'm entering this is a couple of challenges

Simon Says Stamp and Show ---Anything Goes http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/2012/03/simon-says-stamp-and-show-anything-goes.html

Allsorts #145--Say it with Flowers http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/03/week-145-say-it-with-flowers.html

Gingersnaps GC#142--Border Punch http://gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com/2012/03/gc142-spicy-supply-challenge-border.html


Thanks for looking and I love reading your comments .

5 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love your use of alcohol inks in this piece and the image of the bird is fabulous. Thanks so much for joining in The Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x x

Sharon said...

Hi Marilyn: Always nice to use those bits of alcohol technique. I'm like you - can't throw them away!That's a pretty bird stamp and it's framed so nicely with the spellbinder beaded circle. Love everything about this card!!!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

A sweet tweet of a card! Thanks for playing the Border Punches Challenge on Gingersnap Creations! Don't forget to come back and vote for your favorite card when the challenge closes!

Yvonne said...

Like the vintage look the card has using those colors.

Yvonne

Marjie Kemper said...

How beautiful! Love the way you've echoed the stamped flowers with the 3D ones.