Well it's been a while since I posted anything so I thought I'd enter this card I did over the holidays for the challenge over at Gingersnap Creations. I had some stars left from projects I had made for Christmas so this is what I put together using some of them .
Paper: prism c/s, Authentique DP
Stamps: Penny Black, TH trees, CTMH sentiments
Inks: Versamark,black memento.
Accessories: Fiskers edge punch,Spellbinders labels 18,gold glitter, gold stickles,peel&stick stars.Large star was cut freehand, rangers glue&seal ,clear EP.
Gc129--Starry Night http://gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com/2011/12/gc129-chestnut-theme-challenge-starry.html
Crafts and Beyond
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
I thought I was doing tag 6 but when I went check it I see it's tag 5 go back a .I didn't have any reverse word stamps so I used a penny black one that I thought would work and it did . Followed the tech. that Tim used with alcohol inks and acrylic then stamp your image and wipe off . Added a snowflake and some ribbon and I was done . Thanks for looking
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Finally got tag #4 finished ,had to improvise a few things for this tag too . I did do the crackle tech. and I'm happy with how it turned out even though I only had 1 of the DS in blue so I used DI instead and it seemed to work fine.Like how the ghosting turned out for my BG. I didn't have the snowflake edge die so I embossed a piece of acrylic with Tim's snowflake folder cut off a strip and then cut around the snowflakes freehand. For the mitten I first cut out 25 with my cricut and then used the spellbinders mitten die added a piece of music sheet to the back and filled in the numbers with glossy accents . For the mitten cuff I used Frantage shaved ice by Stampendous . Thanks Tim for the tip on how to thread the tulle though the button hole . Now on to tag #5
Thanks for looking
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Well #3 tag is done . I didn't have any of the cut&dry felt so I did my background with various stamps inked in different DI(frayed burlap,ice spruce,festive berries& evergreen bough)I then misted the tag with perfect pearls mist to give it a touch of shimmer. I did follow 2 of the tech. that Tim showed --the pearls were colored with alcohol inks and I curled the twine around a pencil and then heated with the heat tool . I really like how the twine turned out and will use this tip again for sure. Ribbon seam binding was dyed with vintage photo DS.
Thanks for looking.
Friday, December 9, 2011
Here's day 2 tag that I completed last evening .I must say they do take some time especially if you don't have all the tools. For this tag Tim used the kraft resist paper since I didn't have any I made my own resist background .First I stamped the sentiment with gold dabber and dried with my heat tool ,then stamped and embossed the holly leaves with forest moss DI and clear EP I then stamped over this with the music script stamp and archival ink .I then used picket fence DS to cover the tag followed by the perfect pearls mist. The edges were distressed and inked with Ice Spruce DI . I like this tech.I used the reindeer die to cut my reindeer out of grunge paper and sticky back canvas . To decorate my tag I added a charm with the letter B for Believe and some garland and tree charm around the reindeer's neck . The ribbon seam binding was dyed with vintage photo DS.
Now on to tag 3 .
Thanks for looking
Well I'm really,really late in getting started on my tags this year . Was away for a few days last week then had to get ready for a card class that I was offering so I'm just getting around to doing my tags . I will get them finished though LOL. Here's my first . Since I didn't have the pine cone die I decided to try and make them by just cutting out a spiral circle ,curling the edges and wrapping it around a toothpick like Tim does in his video.I like how they turned out but I'm thinking I would like to own the die so will add it to my wish list .Following his tech.by inking the snowflake EF with embossing ink pad and then running it though the big kick ,then embossed with white EP. The JOY was cut out with the cricut cart. (Joys of the Season)and covered with MS glitter.The music banner I cut free hand ,leaves cut from tattered leaves and MS fern .Holly berries from my stash --just had to have some red added. I dyed some seam binding with Ice spruce DI and attached it to the top with a lg. pearl button and charm from my stash.
Thanks for looking .