Crafts and Beyond

Live ,laugh,love

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Tim's 12 Tags of 2015--January

Well we're in a deep freeze here in Nova Scotia this past week and big switch from the mild temps. we had over Christmas with lots of rain .Nice to see a little snow but not liking the cold . Yesterday I Spent some time in my craft room and decided that i would try to do Tim's 12 tags for 2015. Last year I started but only completed 5 of them . Hoping to do better this year and complete them all. Here's my tag for January . I didn't have all of the products that Tim used so improvised with reinkers for the spray and cut glass for the gold glitter on the letters. Chit-chat words were placed on the tag and then covered with Glue n Seal.The numbers were cut out of cardboard twice and layered then painted with black dabber paint and when dry painted covered with embossing paste .I wanted a bit of sparkle so cut some stars and circle from red glitter c/s and added a metal star to the center of the circle. The ribbon was spray with vintage photo reinker diluted with water and dry with my heat tool . I would have like for more of the blue tone to show but overall I like how it turned out in the end.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:

12 tags 2015 --January

Frilly and Funkie : Anything Goes

Really Reasonable Ribbon #109


Hope evryone is staying warm this cold winter day and thanks for stopping by my blog

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Marilyn: I think it turned out great and I LIKE the colours. The red stars are nice addition!

You and I will have to inspire each other to do the tags each month. Deal? LOL!
Sharon

Cec said...

Super take on Tim's January tag. Love the pops of red. Since we are having brutal cold temps outside Toronto too crafting is a great reason for staying indoors. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Karen Letchworth said...

I am so grateful for your participation in our challenge this week, and hope that you will stop by again regularly. We'd be honored to have you share your amazing talents with us.
Blessings
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Jenny Marples said...

Well Marilyn I for one am glad you have gone for it again with the latest Tim tag. I love your version here - great colours. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Diane said...

What fun colors, texture and design.

Hugs Diane