Crafts and Beyond

Live ,laugh,love

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Frilly and Funkie; Valentine's Day -with a twist

Was just browsing the Frilly and Funkie blog today and saw that the challenge is Valentine's Day with a twist --we are to use red,pink and white colors but no "hearts" I thought why not give it a try and this is what I came up with . I sponged my manilla tag all over with DI Worn lipstick ,spritzed with water then  used my hexagon stencil for my background sponged with DI Festive Berries and Fired Brick. I stamped some tiny love words randomly in the hexagon spaces. Cupid was stamped and embossed with clear EP . I then made a mask of the cupid so I could stamp the Love definition  over it . To finish my tag I colored Seam Binding ( which I purchased from the Funkie Junkie store quite some time ago )  by pulling it over the worn lipstick ink pad and then spritzing with water and drying with my heat tool . I added some of Tim's rose ribbon trimmings to the bottom as well as a key from my stash .





Frilly and Funkie ; Valentine's Day with a twist

Allsorts Challenge #244 Love /Adore 

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #257--Love & Red 
 

Thanks for looking feel free to leave a comment I love reading them

4 comments:

Wendy L said...

It is so sweet, lovely, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Jessi Fogan said...

I love those trims! And that great little key :) Too fun!

Sharon said...

Very cool! The words came out great in the hexagon stencilled areas. Even though no hearts, it certainly is a valentine tag!
Sharon

Jenny Marples said...

Love the stencilling, stamping and rose trim on this. Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x